Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Song of the Day: Tuesday

I've been home sick today. I passed out around 9:30 last night and woke up at 1am. Light still on. I got up and brushed my teeth, washed my face, took my meds. But I couldn't really get back to sleep. So I ate (I actually got hungry!!!) and read until I could sleep again. I only slept three hours! So I read and watched tv during the day. I tried to sleep in the afternoon but it was in fits and starts.

I feel a little better. My throat doesn't hurt much. But the sneezing and coughing is still there. And I my body aches from being sick and laying around. Not really a fix for that except not being sick and moving around. We'll see how I feel in the morning, whether I go to work. This is not the week to be sick. I have a class to teach on Friday. And students to notify of the assignment. Ugh! And I am going out of town on Friday, too.

On the plus side, the dealer called and they are repairing the broken door handle on my car. I hope they get other things done too--especially things I might have missed in my test drive. He knows I'm sick so maybe there's some sympathy for the new girl in town who is home sick.

This song has been in my head today. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any Trident commercials, but the chorus is catchy and I caught it.

No comments:

Post a Comment