Saturday, August 11, 2012

Song of the Day: Friday

My second week of work. Less than a week before classes begin. Two weeks before my class (?!?) begins. And, I am excited to be on my job. Crazy! I have a lot to learn before I can teach my students the hierarchy of authorities for legal research.

I went to the Law School picnic and got to meet the dean. She has a dry, deadpan sense of humor that I like. I also met with three different professors, one of whom I hope will be a friend. Maybe I can bring  Sherry hour here!

The surprise of the day was my boss. I mentioned on Thursday that my bike chain had broken; he repairs bikes as a hobby.  I asked whether that was in his expertise; it is not. He offered to help me get my car to a repair center. He also offered one of his many bikes to use until my bike gets repaired. I said that I might stop by this weekend to get a bike. So on Friday he brings a bike to work for me. I was content to walk, even though it's been raining since Wednesday; it's good exercise and good motivation to get a car sooner rather than later.

Anyway, even though I'm not quite used to it, my boss is looking out for me. The title of this song reminds me of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment