Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Song of the Day: Monday


I had a rough start this morning. I had to be on campus for orientation at 8:20. They wanted us there by 8:15 and I had to bike. In order to have made it on time, I needed to have left home at 7:30 so I could go to my office and get directions. I left at 7:50 and bike really fast. By 8:15 I was in my office trying to get directions so that I could bike over to orientation. Ironically I found the building without being too late (I'd been there before) but because I couldn't see the name anywhere, I assumed I was at the wrong building. So, when I found the correct building (again!) and room, I was about 5 minutes late for the start of orientation. But, they waited for stragglers like me!

After orientation, I am quite happy to be employed at Notre Dame. The benefits are awesome! I'll be paying much less than before. There is a wellness center on campus so my regular copays are half what I'd pay to see an off-campus doctor; I can also get my prescriptions on campus. And, even though I started last week I get paid next week! Can we say Happy?!!

Anyway, I had a Gaga moment. I played the entire album but this was this song inspired it.

No comments:

Post a Comment