Sunday, July 1, 2012

Song of the Day: Sunday

It's always a good thing when I can be around my best friend. We've known each other since 7th grade. She knows stuff about me that will never be tortured from her lips. Because of this, I definitely am relaxed when I am around her--unless I am in the midst of a crisis. She knows me well enough that I don't have to explain myself unless the parameters of my life have changed. And I trust her enough to be myself around her.

I relayed to her an incident from last week and asked her advice on how to be a "nice girl". Her answer was a balm to my soul: I don't need to work on being a nice girl because I didn't do anything wrong. She agreed with me that the other party in the encounter had been rude. My manners were fine (since we were brought up the same way) and that it might be a matter of different manners in the north. Or the midwest, as the case may be. No need to change myself to be someone that I am not. People really need to get to know ME rather try to make me like them. Whew!

Anyway, her words of encouragement reminded me of "Hotel Song" by Regina Spektor. I like this cover by Irma. Come into my world....

No comments:

Post a Comment