Monday, July 16, 2012

Song of the Day: Monday

I am in the last stretch of New York. Things are moving so quickly. It seems like I had more time yesterday, weeks not days. But here I am, three days from finishing work; 4 days from the movers coming to take away all of my personal possessions. And I still have so much to sort and pack. After saying goodbye to my Italian friends, I came home and packed all of my drinking glasses. Hopefully tomorrow I will pack up the rest of my kitchen and clothes before working my way through the papers that I drag from place to place in every move. It's all doable, but it seems so daunting.

Addign to the tension of packing to move my life to the midwest is the upcoming annual conference where I am de facto social chair and nominated vice-chair for a certain caucus. Not quite sure how to balance that with my upcoming role as a member of the CONELL committee.

Anyway, this song has been on my mind for the past day. I grew up singing some Paul Simon but this album is the Paul Simon that is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment