Sunday, July 8, 2012

Song of the Day: Saturday

I am back in New York. Travel was easy but Auntie Anne's failed me. This was the first time I bought a pretzel dog that was not quite done or soggy; not sure which. Ick! Got a refund.

Flew USAir and got my bags lost again. This time I brought it as a carryon and it wouldn't fit in the overhead. They checked it for free, but it never made it to New York. They were to deliver last night, but my cell phone was dead. However, I had called earlier to give my home number as a back up.

I was assured that my file had been updated and that the delivery driver had my updated number. Not true. So, still I sit in my apartment waiting for a deliver. I was told that it  be delivered between noon and four. I got a call before one asking if I would be available between 4:30 and 5 to receive my baggage. When I mentioned that I'd earlier been told I'd have it by four, the story changed to 3:30-4:00. It is quarter to four and no bag. I would like to attend mass tonight. hopefully it will arrive before then.

Anyway, when I returned to my apartment I discovered that one of my relatives had called to "be sure I made it back okay." This relative also made some pale statement in form of apology regarding yesterday's behavior after I confronted on what had been said. Reminded me of this song. A cheesy 80's song as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment