Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Song of the Day: Tuesday


Today was a rough day. I woke up at 5am. Kinda nice because I could check on my lunch that was simmering in the slow cooker. But it was also not the best since I had trouble getting back to sleep. I listened to an evening meditation cd that lulled me to sleep. Afterward I turned on NPR very, very quietly in the background and fell asleep. The next thing I knew, it was after 9am and I was about to be late for work.

I quickly got up, got dressed, packed my lunch and jetted to work. As I was about to park, I realized that it was Tuesday. On Tuesday mornings I don't go straight to work. I go to my allergist first. So I turned around and showed up late for my standing appointment. I went to work afterwards.

I didn't stay at work. I went home early. I was having trouble staying awake so I decided to do that at home rather than work.

This song seems both appropriate and ironic at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment