Saturday, May 26, 2012

Song of the Day: Saturday

Sixpence None The Richer is an angsty band. Or at least that's how they were described to me by someone who assumed that I was so highly uninformed. Oh how those in the throes of artistic angst are so egocentrically misled.


But, my attraction to Sixpence had nothing to do with artistic struggle; for me the struggle was spiritual. And what I liked about listening to Sixpence during this time is that they weren't the shiny happy Christian band. They were, and still are, blessedly melancholy and blue. Even their happy songs are sad. Kinda reminds me of The Smiths without the gratuitous references to suicide.


I am currently refraining from self-flagellation; I keep falling into the same trap. And this song is like a balm. It's the chorus that does it for me: So I'm changing who I am / 'cause what I am's not good / And I know you love me now / But I don't see why you should /And I don't see why you should / No I don't see why you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment