Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Song of the Day: Tuesday

It seems like lots of little things that cold go wrong are attempting to do so. For the past few days my tummy has been queasy. The kind of queasy where it likes me better if I don't actually put food in it. I had a stressful day at work yesterday and came home not wanting to do anything except read and sleep. Sleep was elusive.  I woke up with the hint of a headache and knot in my shoulder, both of which have gotten progressively worse as the day has gone one. I put in my contacts and began to rub my eyes. Freaking allergies!

I could do maudlin depression; I am good at that! But I look at all the little things and don't lament my sad life. Instead I think of the possibilities that await me around the corner. This song, though sung in traditional Moz fashion, is actually a bit of a hopeful song for me. Actually a lot of The Smiths' songs are happy or funny to me. Guess I'm weird.

Okay, maybe this isn't such a happy song....

No comments:

Post a Comment