Friday, April 6, 2012

Song of the Day: Friday

Today was a busy day. Even though I did not work, I was working. I went to the Way of the Cross and got recruited to work. Crazy! I'm glad I did it, but not quite the day I had planned.

I had lunch with some friends and then I came home, to do laundry. With clothes washed and dried, I became a bit of an organization freak. Everything that can be, is hanging in the closet or folded in a drawer. The only thing undone is the matching of socks. There's always tomorrow for that.

As I prepared for bed, I was answering questions from my study of Psalm 139. I'd already read the blog post and it was a bit life-altering. This is the Psalm where David talks about how there is no place where he can hide from God and not thought he can have that God does not know. For some people that is comforting. For me, that's terrifying. I've had people use personal knowledge of me against me. Definitely not comfortable!

Today's blogger wrote about how we can trust God with this knowledge of us, with the fact the he knows how we are going to screw up (again) before we do it. Kind of wild! I goes it never occurred to me. Not true, it occurred to me, but it was nowhere near the top of my list of things to do.

One thing this study encourages is that even the brokenhearted should seek closeness with God; he beckons us! I'm that brokenhearted person. Or I was. I'm not so much anymore. But, I'm not necessarily jumping up and down to trust people again either.

Anyway, "brokenhearted" triggered this song. Jimmy Ruffin sings the original and lots of people have covered it. I like the Joan Osborne version best. Yes, I have a penchant for "white" soul, but there is just something so poignant and moving about the emotions she puts into this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment