Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Song of the Day: Tuesday

I have loved Simply Red ever since I was a teen. I think my Uncle C introduced me to their music. I was fascinated by the curly red-headed Brit with the soulful voice. And, after Mick Hucknall, I was fascinated with just about every red-headed man.

It was during my junior year their album Stars came out. I still remember that during the chorus trip to England we had a layover and spent the night in a really posh hotel on our way home. When the song came on the tv, C and I cranked up the volume, singing and dancing at the top of our lungs. It's the same song that was playing in my head today.

Today the video looks a bit dated today. I'm not sure what was up with the ruby (?) in his tooth! I guess he was childhood fascination and, hopefully, I have grown up. To prove it, here's a ruby-less version of the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment