Friday, February 22, 2013

Good News


Tonight I saw my "little brother's" girlfriend in a musical play called "Good News". It's set in the 1920's before football is the national pastime, before men could make a living playing football.

Meghan Cowden was Carol Lane and very good. Actually everyone was very good. I usually hate school productions because they are flat and I can't understand a thing anyone says. They were all having a good time. For the most part everyone could sing and dance. Meghan's little brother Nicholas choreographed the musical and the dancing was good, fun and high energy. So glad I went.

There were a number of "popular" sayings that originated from this musical. "The best things in life are free" and, "Life is a bowl full of cherries" are two of them. However, this musical reminded me of the song "Sing, Sing, Sing, Sing" originally performed by Louis Prima in 1936 but made popular by Benny Goodman.

No comments:

Post a Comment