Sunday, September 23, 2012

Song of the Day: Saturday

All week I have been humming this song. Kinda crazy! I don't necessarily think of myself as "redneck." More of a country girl. A little bit of a hick. Definitely country. Country meaning rural, not farm. I don't know all of the words to every Tanya Tucker, Ol' Bocephus, or Charlie Daniels songs.

However, I think of this song as a lullaby of contentment. No matter what's going on around here, SB feels like home. It's nice to have a car to jet around to the local discount store to get household goods. To got to the farmers market and buy produce from the person who grew and harvested your food. To get lost in town and know that I'm not really lost since this place ain't that big! So, maybe this is more small town, but that doesn't explain the dudes driving around in big wheel trucks as if the place (in their mind) where they go mudding is really, really deep.

Kind a nice here. I accept the label, if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment