Monday, September 9, 2013

Song of the Day: Monday

This song has been in my head for a few days. It's a nice flashback to my childhood in the 80s.

I've been thinking about how to handle my career and my future. My usual way to handle things is to hold on tightly and try to steer things the way that I want them to go. There is no symbiosis with the car. There is no union with the road. There is just me forcing my way. This song reminds me that there is a different way.

In race car driving, there is a mantra (I think) to hold onto loosely to the steering wheel. You have just enough control to steer the car, but not so much that you can't react and compensate for the bumps in the road. This seems to be good advice in life. I've just got to remember not to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment